Friday, February 26, 2010

This month, In lieu of it being the month of love and James' birthday I'm going to get completely sappy,,so if you have a weak stomach, please save yourself now.


James,

You make me smile when I'm sad. You tell me to stop being grumpy when I am and then make me smile again. You put up with my moods and I know there are so many of them it makes your head spin sometimes (mine too!). You support me in anything I do and encourage me to better myself. You helped me get help when I needed it and love me despite my (many) flaws.

I'm not easy to live with. I'm moody and blue sometimes. I shout and cry and alongside that I'm not the best mother out there, but you see past all of that and more. You see what I want and strive to be. You help me stay grounded enough to try to be that person that seems ever elusive to me. You are an incredible dad to Jack and he thinks the world of you. Your such a genuinely nice person to everyone. Your peers respect and admire you.

All of this is me trying to say that you're an incredible husband, father and person. I love watching our relationship evolve as we go and I'm proud of us for working things out when they get tough, instead of (me) running away and not communicating. I'm proud of us in the way we parent and help and respect each others views and wishes when it comes to raising Jack. I am in awe of the fact that you are such a hands on dad, that we carry this responsibility 50/50, because a lot of women don't have it that way. When Jack was a baby you got up with him at night (and still do if needed!), despite having to go to work the next day and you changed diapers like a champ and you helped with feedings. You took over when it got too much and you were (are) always there, no matter what, whenever. Thank you. I know you see it as he's your child too and it's just as much your responsibility as it is mine, but not all people do, so I'm one lucky lady. I know I probably don't say it enough, but I love you James and, I love loving you. You make me so very happy.

Happy Birthday and Valentines day.


Love,

Your very happy Lobster.

(Don't ask)


P.S. I know I'm a blubbering fool sometimes.

P.P.S. I counted the word Love seven times in this post. That must set some sort of record!

1 comment:

  1. Three small words can't possibly express the depth of feeling I have for you, but, I love you too lobster.

    Love
    James

    ReplyDelete