Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How many things can one fit into a post?

Yeah, so long time no see! Apparently keeping up a blog is a little harder than I anticipated. So my goal now is to publish at least one post a month. Stop laughing. Given the last time I posted was around six months ago alot has happened. Jack started preschool and absolutely adores it. He even gets to ride the big kid bus! His enthusiasm for that lasted all of five minutes. James' parents came for a visit at the end of September, which is always so much fun. And always such a drag when they leave. It's especially hard on Jack, and getting noticeably harder every year (When they leave, obviously, not when they visit). Umm, then we had Christmas, which if you've never spent Christmas with a four year old, let me tell you, it's the closest thing to being a kid again you'll ever get to. All the build up and excitement to the big day is huge, and to watch his face when he comes downstairs is the best. At the sake of sounding sappy, it's the reason to have kids.

James' birthday is coming up soon, which gets me thinking that he was a year younger than me when we met. That was 8! years ago. That old adage time flies by when your having fun couldn't be more true (again, sorry for the sap). I'll have to do a post on how we met another time, but safe to say it's a good story. Or maybe I'm biased and it's just another boring ol' story, oh well, I have control of the publish button. Mwahaha. A lot happened while we were dating and it took alot of hard work and bribing of the government to get him over here. Speaking of the government, we got a letter the other day saying James had finally been granted a green card, which he'd actually received a few years ago, so we freaked out a little about that. It's always unnerving to get a letter from immigration when your not expecting one. Anyways back to his birthday, any gift ideas would be very very appreciated. There are only so many monitors one person can have on their desk. Also; only so many cables one can have around their desk. So I will not be buying any more of those (sorry hon), but all other ideas will be welcome.

On to other things. I haven't been taking very many pictures lately, well not artsy fartsy ones anyway. James got me a digital photo frame for xmas (yes I know this is not the correct way to spell it, but I don't go in for the whole "God" thing so it's perfectly acceptable) so I've been editing to try and fill that up. I've been having tons of trouble with my monitor color matching print color, so we've gotten a calibrator called Huey. This works wonders, I was amazed just how out of whack my monitor really was! But it's still not perfect, and I'm not sure how other photographers do it, so if anyone reads this (snort!) and know how to fix this pain in the ass problem completely, please be a dear and let me know. *silence...crickets* Yeah, so I haven't been photographing much lately and I really do miss it. I try to use Jack as my go to guy, but he just sticks his tongue out and rolls his eyes. Since when do four year old's have attitude problems? Well, this post appears to be going nowhere in particular so I shall just leave you with some pretty pics that I did not take recently. Please to enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment